16.6.10

Interpreter of Maladies

I am reading Jhumpa Lahiri's Interpreter of Maladies. She is my favorite author and I have read this book many years ago in Japanese. I am comfortable reading in Japanese but it's the same reason as I am writing this personal blog in English, I wanted to discover something I wasn't even expected. So far I find it still comfortable and easy reading in Japanese and there are one or two words in every pages that I need to guess. (I'm good at this. I have been guessing English words in so many occasions) But this time, as my own project, I look them up in dictionary to make sure that I can find the equivalent Japanese word if being asked. Quite destructing but it's the best way to learn new vocabulary in my case. I've been using English as a social language for over 15 years but yet my brain regards English as foreign substance.

Jhumpa Lahiri writes beautiful stories in beautiful choice of words and expressions. Reading up to half of the book, there are already a few phrases that stimulate my brain connecting between English / Japanese bridges.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿